Friday, April 29, 2011

The Royal Wedding

I’ll have to admit, along with being super excited about my own wedding; I have been somewhat obsessed with the Royal wedding of Prince William and Kate Middleton since their engagement. When I found out the wedding date, I jokingly told Tyler that we were going to bump up our wedding date and get married on the same day as William and Kate. However, after a few days I realized that I would be 300 miles away from home and be in Virginia Beach for an FCS Conference on that very day. Oh well, it was worth a shot!

Prince William, Kate Middleton
I think it’s really neat how even though the British have a democrat government, they still dearly love the Royal family. It’s not every day that the British and ultimately the world get to witness and watch a royal wedding unfold in front of their eyes. The engagement and wedding have been anything but private, but what else would you expect. The British really look up to the Royal family and love watching and knowing their every move. William and Kate have really been in a “bubble” and have their every move watched. However, regardless of the pressure that is put on them, they do an excellent job of meeting the expectations of the British.


As soon as picture of Kate’s engagement ring hit the news, my heart skipped a beat. Besides my engagement ring, her ring is the most gorgeous ring I have ever seen. I am a sucker of sapphires, especially big sapphires, and her ring is no exception. I can’t even imagine how much that 18 carat sapphire weights down her left hand. Not only is it beautiful, but so sentimental. Before Princess Diana died, she gave her engagement ring to William, her oldest son, and instructed him to give it to his future wife. In my opinion, William picked the perfect girl and in no time the public fell in love with Kate. She has very big shoes to fill after all that Princess Diana did, but I think she’ll do a great job and continue the good work that William’s mother started.

After all the time I’ve spent reading the articles and looking at the pictures, I was not about to miss the big day! At 5:45 I got up to watch this once in a life time Royal wedding with my bridesmaid and her mother, whom I was sharing a hotel room with for our FCS Conference. As soon as she got out of her carriage, my mouth dropped. Her dress was gorgeous! I loved the lace sleeves and veil. Her look was very simple, yet elegant and timeless. I think she exceeded everyone’s expectations as she walked down the aisle to meet her prince. This truly was a remarkable event to witness and I wish William and Kate the best of luck!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment