Friday, March 22, 2013

A New Season

The most challenging season of our life is over and done with. It's in our past but forever in our memory. We learned more in the last 3 months than we have in the last year and half in our marriage. I've learned that I'm stronger than I ever thought I could be. 55-70 hour work weeks for three months straight to pay medical bills has left me physically and mentally exhausted; yet, I have accomplished something some said I could never do. I have dreamed about the day we pay off all of Tyler's medical bills since December 14th. Here we are three months later and it's done. I never thought we'd get here this fast. But I couldn't be more happy with all we overcame to get the job done. At one point I was babysitting four families a week, cleaning four houses and a church, and working 30 hours in my teaching position. Where there's a will there's a way.

Last Sunday our pastor preached a message on joy and worry. He quoted Ecclesiastes 4, which I had never heard before. I feel like this passage covers every second of our lives since Tyler's surgery.

To every thing there is a season, and a time to every purpose under the heaven:
A time to be born, and a time to die; a time to plant, and a time to pluck up that which is planted;
A time to kill, and a time to heal; a time to break down, and a time to build up;
A time to weep, and a time to laugh; a time to mourn, and a time to dance;
A time to cast away stones, and a time to gather stones together; a time to embrace, and a time to refrain from embracing;
A time to get, and a time to lose; a time to keep, and a time to cast away;
A time to rend, and a time to sew; a time to keep silence, and a time to speak;
A time to love, and a time to hate; a time of war, and a time of peace.
What profit hath he that worketh in that wherein he laboureth?
 I have seen the travail, which God hath given to the sons of men to be exercised in it.
 He hath made every thing beautiful in his time: also he hath set the world in their heart, so that no man can find out the work that God maketh from the beginning to the end.

 
What a beautiful passage. We have experienced so many of these emotions during the last season. I wept the night of Tyler's surgery. We laughed to forget the world around us. Tyler began the healing process. We broke down when we had had enough. Our friends and family built us up when our heads hung low. We loved throughout the hurt and challenges. We embraced often. And danced with each step forward. Even when it got ugly and it was hard to see the light at the end of the tunnel, God made the time a beautiful piece of our life story. Our victory story.

Spring is our time to start over and rebuild what we pushed aside during the last season. We're moving forward each day. Today I came home to our loan approval sitting on the counter. We were approved for more than we need and the payments are in our budget. Now we're just waiting on a piece of land. As soon as we find land the loan will go through closing, which is estimated to occur in June. Four to five months later we will be living in our new home. God is good. We are proof that faith and prayer yields results.

Blessings,
Kelsey

No comments:

Post a Comment